Chips & Nachos
Made with carrots and baked instead of fried, these crunchy gems are a much healthier alternative to traditional potato chips. Aside from a healthy dose of vitamins A and C and fiber, carrots contain antioxidants that may help reduce the risk of cancer and also improve your immune system.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 3 cups carrots sliced paper thin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or more depending on desired spiciness
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 215 degrees Celsius (420 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Slice the carrot into paper thin coins or you can also use a peeler and cut long thin slices depending on what you prefer.
- Place the carrot slices in a bowl and toss with the oil and spices. Try to ensure that the spice is evenly distributed over all slices.
- Lay the carrots out in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, watch closely to ensure they do not burn.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- Store in an Air tight container.