Vegetables are important sources of many nutrients, including potassium, dietary fiber, folate (folic acid), vitamin A, and vitamin C.Diets rich in potassium may help to maintain healthy blood pressure.
Vegetable sources of potassium include sweet potatoes, white potatoes, white beans, tomato products (paste, sauce, and juice), beet greens, soybeans, lima beans, spinach, lentils, and kidney beans.Bhaji Pav (Sandwich Style) is a a unique way to make yours family eat more and more vegetables.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1 1/2 cups chopped and boiled mixed vegetables (potatoes, cabbage, carrot, green peas and cauliflower)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pav bhaji masala
- salt to taste
- 8 pav (Prefer brown pav)
- butter for cooking
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic paste and saute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chili powder, pav bhaji masala, mixed vegetables, salt and Â¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally and mashing it very well with a potato masher.
- Add the coriander and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), add little butter and slit open the pavs and place on it.
- Cook on a medium flame till they turn light brown and crisp on both the sides.
- Place a pav on a clean, dry surface and spread 2 tbsp of the prepared bhaji on the lower halve and close the sandwich.