Beets are chock-full of other nutrients like iron, manganese, copper, potassium, and magnesium - all of which have their individual benefits. Even raw beets have terrific benefits - one of them being the ability to prevent cancer.
- 1 Beetroot grated (Chukandar)
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (Aata)
- 1 cup besan
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) powder
- 1 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 teaspoon Ghee/oil
- Salt -To taste
Take a bowl and add the grated beetroot, all spices, salt and ghee & mix them well.
Add whole wheat & besan flour into the mixture and knead a smooth dough with water. It should not be sticky.
Take a small portion of the dough and roll it .
Heat the Tawa (Griddle) & place the thepla on the hot tawa.
Cook it for about a minute & then flip and cook on the other side for a minute.
Serve it with curd or pickle.
NOTE: You can add chopped methi leaves too.