Cake & Muffin
Almonds are rich in vitamin E, calcium, magnesium and potassium. Out of all tree nuts, almonds rank highest in protein, fiber, calcium, vitamin E, riboflavin and niacin content by weight. There are 160 calories in 23 almonds. While many of these calories come from fat, it is primarily the healthy unsaturated fats and not the unhealthy saturated kind.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1-1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (Aata)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (Dalchini)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom (Elaichi) Powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Badam (Almond) , ground into a coarse powder
- 1/2 cup Butter , room temperature
- 1-1/4 cup Brown/white Sugar
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Badam (Almond) chopped
- First preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease and flour a square baking pan. Keep this aside.
- (Dry Ingredients) Next, pour in the whole wheat flour, ground almonds, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium sized bowl and mix everything together. keep it aside.
- (Wet Ingredients) Now in another large bowl, add the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla essence. Blend all the ingredients together thoroughly until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Stir in the dry ingredients into this egg butter batter and beat until well combined. Now transfer the batter into the prepared cake pan. Sprinkle the roughly chopped almonds on the top to give the cake an added crunch.
- Bake this for 45 to 55 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center of the batter comes out clean. Once done, remove from the oven and set it aside.
- Cool it completely before slicing them into squares, or else they might break up.
- Store it in an Airtight container.