Pearl Millet (बाजरा)
Bajra has high amounts of fiber and aids digestion. It also lowers your bad cholesterol while increasing the good cholesterol in your system and is therefore very good for your cardiovascular health. It is rich in antioxidants and can prevent the occurrence of cancer, particularly breast cancer. It can help prevent asthma.
It is very good for your muscular system and is known for its high vitamin B content, which allows it to break down the carbohydrates and fat in your body.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1 1/2 cups bajre ka atta (Pearl Millet)
- 1/2 cup atta (whole wheat)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ginger
- Green chillies - make paste with salt, ginger and garlic.
- 1 tsp garlic (optional)
- 2 tsp coriander powder (dhaniya)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Yogurt to knead
- Mix together all (except oil ) in a bowl. Add water gradually and knead into a soft dough with yogurt. Cover and keep aside for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Now Roll out thin paranthas.
- Heat a non-stick tawa. Place it and cook for half a minute. Flip, drizzle a little oil all around it and flip again. Drizzle some oil all around again and shallow-fry till golden on both sides.
- Serve hot with pickle.
- You can add sesame seeds too to make it more healthier.