Pearl Millet (बाजरा)
Chips and Nachos
Bajra offers various health benefits and is a good grain to have in your arsenal. It has high amounts of fiber and aids digestion. It also lowers your bad cholesterol while increasing the good cholesterol in your system and is therefore very good for your cardiovascular health.
It is rich in antioxidants and can prevent the occurrence of cancer, particularly breast cancer. It can help prevent asthma. It is very good for your muscular system and is known for its high vitamin B content, which allows it to break down the carbohydrates and fat in your body.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Millet flour (bajra) - 1.5 Cup
- Whole wheat flour - 3 Tbsp
- Finely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves - Half Cup
- Salt & Spices
- Curd - 3 Tbsp
- Sugar - Half spoon
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, add water as per requirement and make thick smooth dough.
- Let it rest for half and hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Apply oil on the plastic bag (ziplock bag) and with the help of palm and fingers make about an inch size ball.
- Put it in between the plastic and press it down with something flat and heavy to flatten it. You can use mortar pestle.
- Place as many as you can fit on a baking tray with parchment paper, and spray olive oil on each chip.
- Bake for until they are slight browned. Turn them once cooked from one side.
- Cool down and it can be stored for up to a week.