Pearl Millet (बाजरा)
Chips & Nachos
Bajra offers various health benefits and is a good grain to have in your arsenal. It has high amounts of fiber and aids digestion. It also lowers your bad cholesterol while increasing the good cholesterol in your system and is therefore very good for your cardiovascular health.
It is rich in antioxidants and can prevent the occurrence of cancer, particularly breast cancer. It can help prevent asthma. It is very good for your muscular system and is known for its high vitamin B content, which allows it to break down the carbohydrates and fat in your body.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1 1/2 cups millet flour (bajra)
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste (Optional)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 4 tsp oil
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil spray for greasing
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, add water as per requirement and make thick dough.
- Let it rest for half and hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Apply oil on the plastic bag (ziplock bag) and with the help of palm and fingers make about an inch size ball.
- Put it in between the plastic and press it down with a brick or something flat and heavy to flatten it.
- Place as many as you can fit on a baking tray with parchment paper, and spray olive oil on each chip.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until they are slight browned.
- Cool down and it can be stored for up to a week.