Cake and Muffin
Figs are a good source of fiber, research has found that they could aid in weight management as high-fiber foods have a positive impact. Fiber forms an essential part of our daily diet. Not only is fiber good for our digestive system, it has also been linked to the reduced risk of cancer and type 2 diabetes.
The high fiber content in figs helps in maintaining a healthy digestive system, thus also aids in preventing constipation. Fibers are essential for maintaining regular bowel movements and food sources such as figs are found to help in easing digestion when consumed regularly.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- 1 Cup Muesli
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Almond
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (Optional)
- 6 Dried Figs, roughly chopped
- 1 Pinch Salt
- First start with making the almond butter by preheating the oven to 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Spread the almonds on a tray and bake it for about 10 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Once done, allow the almonds to cool for 2 minutes and blitz it in a food processor, let it run for about 10-20 minutes. Be patient enough, because this might take some time till the almonds releases its oil out. Add the coconut oil while it is grinding.
- At one point the powder will start to become like a thick paste when that stage reaches you can turn it off.
- Add the dried figs into the blender and make a coarse chunky mixture.
- Now add this almond butter in a bowl, figs, muesli to it and mix well. Combine it and then layer it on a flat tray and press it tightly. Refrigerate for 20 minutes and cut it out into desired shapes.
- Store it in Air Tight container.