Spring Onion (हरा प्याज)
Potatoes contain important nutrients, even when cooked, that can benefit human health in various ways.Potassium, calcium, and magnesium are all present in the potato. These have been found to decrease blood pressure naturally. Choline is an important and versatile nutrient that is present in potatoes. It helps with muscle movement, mood, learning, and memory.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Spring onions 2 bunches, trimmed and sliced
- Potatoes 750 gm, peeled and chopped
- Vegetable stock 1.5 litres
- Cream 100 ml
- Melt a knob of butter in a large pan and add the spring onions (keeping a small handful of the green slices aside for garnishing).
- Cook gently until very soft, add the potatoes,season well, then add the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until the potato is really soft then whizz everything with a stick blender until smooth, or tip into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the cream and taste for seasoning. Serve in bowls topped with slices of green spring onion.