Mushroom Creamy Soup Recipe
The health benefits of mushrooms include weight loss, relief from high cholesterol levels, and diabetes. They are a rich source of fiber, selenium, vitamin C, and vitamin D and also help in increasing the strength of your immune system.
Mushrooms contain some of the most powerful natural medicines on the planet. About 100 species are being studied for their health-promoting benefits, and about a half dozen really stand out for their ability to deliver a tremendous boost to your immune system.
Total Time (Minutes):
- 250 gm Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoon Cream (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves, for garnishing(optional)
- Wash the mushrooms in a large bowl.
- Now Peel them, gently remove the stem and then start peeling it from the bottom side. Slice the cleaned mushrooms.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium flame. Add chopped onion and saute until it turns light brown. Add minced garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Add sliced mushrooms and salt.
- Cook them until they turn soft, stir frequently in between. They will shrink and release water as mushroom has around 90% water content.
- When almost water is evaporated, remove 2-3 tablespoon mushroom and keep aside. Add all purpose flour(Maida).
- Stir and cook for a minute.
- Add water in it and stir constantly to prevent lump formation of flour. Add milk, stir well and bring it to boil over medium flame. Cook for around 5-6 minutes.
- Remove pan from flame and let cool for around 5-7 minutes. Blend it until smooth. Take extra care while blending the mixture because it is hot.
- Transfer crushed puree to the same pan. Boil it for around 2-3 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Turn off flame and add preserved cooked mushroom (in step-4) and fresh cream. Pour it into individual serving bowls and garnish with coriander leaves.