Carrot Rice Soup is packed with carotenoids, natural plant pigments that are abundant in carrots . For example, carotenoids can protect your cells from the damaging effects of free radicals and boost your immune system. As a bonus, this soup is rich in fiber.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- Onion, sliced - 1
- Garlic cloves, chopped - 1 Spoon
- Cumin powder (toasted) - Half spoon
- Carrots, sliced - 1 Cup
- Cinnamon (Daalchini) - Half Spoon
- Rice - Half Cup
- Chopped Coriander - 2 Spoon
- Juice of Half Lemon
- Grated Ginger - Half Spoon
- Salt & Pepper
- Roasted Cumin Seeds Powder
- Oil - 2 Spoon
- In a sauce pan, heat some oil. Saute onions,ginger & garlic
- Now add carrots, salt & pepper. Saute it well.
- Add 2.5 cup water. Let it boil.
- Add rice & cook untill carrot & rice are well cooked. Let it cool. Add lemon juice, mint and coriander.
- Remove some of the boiled rice and reserve it for garnishing.
- Once its cooled down, blend it until smooth & lump free.
- Pour it back in the sauce pan, add roasted cumin seeds powder. Check salt & pepper.
- While serving, first place reserved boiled rice then pour soup over it. Garnish with chopped coriander.