Carrot soup is packed with carotenoids, natural plant pigments that are abundant in carrots . For example, carotenoids can protect your cells from the damaging effects of free radicals and boost your immune system. As a bonus, this soup is rich in fiber.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced
- 1 tsp Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder (toasted)
- 250 gm Carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (Daalchini)
- 30 gm Rice
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Few sprigs Fresh Coriander & Mint (Dhaniya)
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat up some olive oil.
- Add the onions,ginger, garlic and saute it for 3 minutes.
- Now add the carrots, all spice and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Vegetable stock and cook on a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook until the rice and carrots are cooked.
- Using a large spoon, remove some of the rice and reserve it as a garnish after the soup has been finished.
- Add the lemon juice, mint and coriander.
- Blend the smooth puree, garnish with rice & coriander.