Carrot Rice Soup Recipe
Carrot Rice Soup is packed with carotenoids, natural plant pigments that are abundant in carrots. For example, carotenoids can protect your cells from the damaging effects of free radicals and boost your immune system. As a bonus, this soup is rich in fiber.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Onion, sliced - 1
- Garlic cloves, chopped - 1 Spoon
- Cumin powder (toasted) - Half spoon
- Carrots, sliced - 1 Cup
- Cinnamon (Daalchini) - Half Spoon
- Rice - Half Cup
- Chopped Coriander - 2 Spoon
- Juice of Half Lemon
- Grated Ginger - Half Spoon
- Salt & Pepper
- Roasted Cumin Seeds Powder
- Oil - 2 Spoon
- In a sauce pan, heat some oil. Saute onions, ginger & garlic
- Now add carrots, salt & pepper. Saute it well.
- Add 2.5 cup water. Let it boil.
- Add rice & cook untill carrot & rice are well cooked. Let it cool. Add lemon juice, mint and coriander.
- Remove some of the boiled rice and reserve it for garnishing.
- Once its cooled down, blend it until smooth & lump free.
- Pour it back in the sauce pan, add roasted cumin seeds powder. Check salt & pepper.
- While serving, first place reserved boiled rice then pour soup over it. Garnish with chopped coriander.