Broccoli contains high levels of both calcium and vitamin K, both of which are important for bone health and prevention of osteoporosis.Along with calcium, broccoli is also full of other nutrients like magnesium, zinc and phosphorous. Because of these properties, broccoli is extremely suitable for children, elderly and lactating mothers.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped boiled potato
- 2 tsp cornflour dissolved in 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (Akhrot)
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and saute onions on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add broccoli and mix well and saute on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 2Â½ cups of water and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the broccoli is done, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool and blend in a mixer along with the potatoes to a smooth puree.
- Transfer the puree into a deep pan, add milk, salt and pepper, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot garnished with the walnuts or toasted bread.