Broccoli contains high levels of both calcium and vitamin K, both of which are important for bone health and prevention of osteoporosis. Along with calcium, broccoli is also full of other nutrients like magnesium, zinc and phosphorous. Because of these properties, broccoli is extremely suitable for children, elderly and lactating mothers.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Chopped Broccoli - 2 Cup
- Chopped Onion - One Fourth Cup
- Roughly Mashed Boiled Potato - One Fourth Cup
- 2 tsp cornflour dissolved in 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (Akhrot)
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and saute onions on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add chopped broccoli and mix well. Saute on a medium flame for five minute.
- Add 2.5 cups of water and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the broccoli is done, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool and blend in a mixer along with the mashed potatoes to a smooth puree.
- Transfer the puree into a deep pan, add milk, salt and pepper, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot garnished with the walnuts or toasted bread.