Chips & Nachos
One cup of baked sweet potato provides nearly half of your daily vitamin C needs. The same portion also supplies 400% of your recommended daily intake of vitamin A. Both nutrients are vital for supporting immune function, which is especially important during cold and flu season. Vitamin A is also key for maintaining healthy skin, vision, and organ function.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1 sweet potato, washed
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare the sweet potato. You can leave the skin on if you choose, but in any case, make slices to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Place in a large bowl with the oil and any seasonings. Toss to coat.
- Spread the slices in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until they are golden brown. Turn halfway through the baking time.
- Spread the baked chips on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Popular options include garlic, brown sugar, paprika, chili powder.