Poha is a breakfast dish made of beaten rice. Considering it as your breakfast option is beneficial for two reasons. Firstly, it is tasty, requires no special ingredients, easy to make, very less oil required to make & light on stomach and secondly, you can add boiled, potato, tomatoes,pomegranate, sprouts or any other ingredient to make it more nutritious.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- 2 Cup Poha/Chivda
- Mustard seeds - 1 Spoon
- Chopped Onions - 2 Tbsp - Optional
- Few Curry leaves
- 2 Potatoes (diced small)
- Turmeric - 2 Pinches
- Salt - 1 Spoon - To Taste
- Lemon juice & half spoon sugar
- Chopped Coriander leaves
- Roasted Peanuts- Optional
- Put poha in a colander (à¤à¤²à¤¨à¥) and wash, let it drain out completely.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and chopped onion. Saute them well.
- When onions are light brown, add boiled diced potatoes and mix.
- Add the turmeric and saute the boiled potatoes.
- Now add salt and soaked poha, roasted peanuts and mix well. Saute till mixed and heated through.
- Turn off the heat, mix lemon juice, half spoon sugar and coriander in the end.
- Serve hot.
- NOTE: You can garnish with besan sev/pomegranate/chopped tomatoes.