Sattu has many health benefits, especially when you consume it on an empty stomach. It reduces the problem associated with your stomach and flushes out body’s toxic substances. Apart from this, there are cooling properties in Sattu which provide coolness to the body and provides relief from scorching heat.
Other nutrients present in Sattu including calcium, iron, fibre, magnesium and sodium. These nutrients are beneficial to the body and help to boost the immune system.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Sattu Powder
- Onion – 1 small sized chopped
- Garlic – 4-5 big cloves,chopped
- Ginger – 1 spoon or less grated
- Amchoor Powder/Dry Mango powder/Aam Achar Masala – 1 tbsp
- Ajwain or Carom seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chilies – 2 finely chopped
- Mustard Oil OR Any other oil of your choice– 2 tsp
- Salt – according to the taste
- Knead the Atta. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now chop ginger, garlic and green chilies.
- Place a cup of Sattu in a wide bowl. Add to it a tablespoon of mustard oil and salt to taste. Mix well by rubbing the oil and salt in with your fingers till the sattu has evenly absorbed the oil.
- At this stage, the Sattu might be drier than you want for the stuffing. To adjust that, add water by the teaspoon if required. Keep mixing it in till the sattu gets the right texture. The filling should be slightly moist, neither powdery nor sticky.
- In the end, mix Amchoor Powder,finely chopped garlic, ginger, green chilies and carom seeds into the sattu.
- Now Pick a blob of kneaded Atta and roll it into a sphere with your palms.
- Press some of the Sattu filling in the mid. Bring the edges of the dough around and seal the edges at the top, flattening the stuffed dough gently.
- Roll out the paratha gently.
- Heat a flat tava.Place a paratha on the pan to cook on medium heat. When the surface close to the heat starts spotting with brown dots (about 2 mins), flip it over.
- Sprinkle a few drops of oil on the paratha and spread it evenly on the surface. After two minutes, flip again and repeat on the other side of the paratha.
- When both sides of the sattu paratha are toasted, remove it from heat and serve.