Roasted Capsicum Chutney Recipe
Capsicums contain many nutrients such as minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants that help protect our cells and boost our immunity. Roasted Capsicum Chutney can be eaten with pkora, paratha and sandwiches.
Total Time (Minutes):
- for roasting:
- 2 capsicum
- 2 tomato
- 1 clove garlic
- for spice mix:
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 dried red chilli
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp chana dal
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- for tempering:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp urad dal
- pinch hing
- 1 dried red chilli
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ cup water
- Firstly, on a burner place 2 capsicum, 2 tomato and 1 clove garlic.
- Roast on all sides keeping the flame on medium.
- Burn the skin completely, as it helps to cook from inside.
- Now cool completely, and peel the skin. also, remove the seeds from capsicum.
- Chop into rough pieces and transfer to the mixer jar. keep aside.
- In a pan heat 2 tsp oil. add 1 tbsp urad dal, 1 tbsp chana dal, 1 tsp coriander seeds, ½ tsp cumin seeds and 4 dried red chilli.
- Roast until the dal turns crunchy and golden brown.
- Cool completely, and transfer to mixi jar.
- Also, add salt and grind to a fine paste. keep aside.
- To prepare the tempering, heat oil. add mustard, urad dal, pinch hing and 1 dried red chilli. splutter the tempering.
- Now add turmeric and chilli powder. Cook for a minute, without burning the spices.
- Pour in the prepared capsicum-garlic paste and start to cook until the oil separates.
- Further, add half cup water and cook adjusting the consistency as required.
- Cook until the oil separates from the chutney. Ready to enjoy.