Generally we think of making chilla with gram flour (besan) but have you ever tried to give it twist and make it with rice and poha, these cheela are very crispy. Along with a rich taste and a variety, poha is incredibly healthy.
If you add a lot of veggies, it becomes rich in vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants as well.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- Soaked Poha- 2 Cup
- Ginger Paste - 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt & spice- to taste
- Chopped Onion, Carrot, Capsicum
- Add soaked poha, ginger paste, little water in a blender to make smooth batter. Adding little water at this step ensures no lump is left.
- Take it out in a bowl & add more water to maintain a smooth pourable batter.
- Add chopped vegetables, salt & spice (Turmeric, Garam Masala, Chilli Powder). Mix it well.
- Heat an oil greased pan/tava and pour one ladleful batter and spread a round thick chilla with the help of a big spoon. Cook on low to medium flame. Cover it with lid for a minute.
- Pour few drops of oil & press it gently to get crispy texture. Now flip it gently & cook other side in the same way.
- When crisp, serve it with chutney of your choice.