Pattani Kootu Recipe
This dish made with green peas and coconut is high on fibre and protein making it an ideal vegetable to enjoy in this winter season. The huge amount of fibre content in green peas is beneficial in lowering total cholesterol and have a positive effect on overall health.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Green Peas - 1 Cup
- Grated Fresh Coconut - Half Cup
- Mustard seeds - 1 Spoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1 Spoon
- Chopped Curry Leaves
- Chopped Green Chillies
- Grind ginger, cumin seeds, coconut, green chillies. Take out this mixture in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Saute well.
- Now add grind masala (we made in the first step). Cook well.
- Add green peas and salt. Stir well. Now add half cup water. Cover it with lid and cook on low flame.
- Cook until all the water is evaporated & peas are well cooked with masala.