Mustard Rice Recipe
Health benefits of mustard include relief from muscular pains, psoriasis, ringworm, contact dermatitis, and respiratory disorders. Different parts of the mustard plant have been proven beneficial in preventing cancer, managing diabetes, and detoxifying the body.
It has poison repelling qualities, exerts therapeutic effects on the nerves, and helps maintain cardiac health. It promotes healthy skin and hair, lowers cholesterol, and is a wonderful botanical for women during menopause.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 2 pinches asafoetida (hing)
- Combine the rice, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and saute on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the rice mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Serve hot.