Lauki Halwa Recipe
Custard and Pudding
A popular Indian dessert made with grated bottle gourd/lauki. It is perfectly sweetened, creamy pudding laced with nuts.
Note: Always taste Lauki before making Halwa, because if it tastes bitter it will ruin your halwa too.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Grated Lauki - 1 Cup
- Milk - 2 to 3 Tbsp
- Sugar - One Fourth Cup
- Ghee - 1.5 Tbsp
- Half Cup Khoya
- Chopped Dry Fruits - 1 Tbsp
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add grated lauki. Saute it well. We need to evaporate all the water.
- Add milk & sugar. Cook it till lauki get soft. Keep Stirring.
- Add chopped nuts & khoya. Continue to cook it on low to medium flame.
- Take out in a glass bowl. Let it cool. Keep it in fridge as it taste best when enjoyed chilled.