Kiwi fruit contains an enzyme known as actinidain which is known for its protein dissolving properties, similar to that of papain in papaya.
Moreover, it helps in the digestion of proteins in the body and is also known to help patients suffering from irritable bowel syndrome.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 10 -15 kiwis, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 apple, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup white sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine mashed kiwi, pineapple juice, lemon juice and apples.
- Bring to a boil and then add the sugar; stir to dissolve, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.Keep Stirring.
- When you get jam like consistency,switch off the flame.
- Store in a glass jar.