Kiwi fruit contains an enzyme known as actinidain which is known for its protein dissolving properties, similar to that of papain in papaya.
Moreover, it helps in the digestion of proteins in the body and is also known to help patients suffering from irritable bowel syndrome.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- 5 kiwis, peeled and mashed
- 1 Cup pineapple juice
- 2 spoon fresh lemon juice
- Half apple, unpeeled and halved
- 1 cup white sugar
- Water - half bowl
- In a large saucepan, combine mashed kiwi, pineapple juice, lemon juice, apples & water.
- Bring to a boil and then add the sugar; stir to dissolve, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pack the jam into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top.
- Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles.
- Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then carefully lower the jars into the pot using a holder. Leave a 2 inch space between the jars.
- Pour in more boiling water if necessary until the water level is at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars.
- Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.