Chips & Nachos
Bitter Gourd/Karela is an excellent source of vitamins B1, B2, and B3, C, magnesium, folate, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, and has high dietary fibre.
It is rich in iron, and contains twice the beta-carotene of broccoli, twice the calcium of spinach, and twice the potassium of a banana.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 2 bitter gourd / karela
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp besan / gram flour
- ½ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp aamchur powder / dry mango powder
- oil for deep frying
- Firstly, slice the karela (bitter gourd) into slightly thick slices.
- Add in 1 tbsp corn flour, 1 tbsp besan, 1 tbsp rice flour, Â½ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp aamchur powder and salt to taste.
- Combine all the ingredients well. do not squeeze the bitter gourd as the chips turns mushy.
- Now deep fry in hot oil. do not over crowd the karela.
- Stir occasionally, keeping the flame on medium.
- take out on a tissue paper & sprinkle chaat masala.