Bitter Gourd (करेला)
Chips and Nachos
Bitter Gourd/Karela is an excellent source of vitamins B1, B2, and B3, C, magnesium, folate, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, and has high dietary fibre.
It is rich in iron, and contains twice the beta-carotene of broccoli, twice the calcium of spinach, and twice the potassium of a banana.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- Bitter gourd/karela - 2
- Corn flour - 1 tbsp
- Besan/gram flour - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric/haldi - half spoon
- Rice flour - 1 Tbsp
- kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder - 1 Spoon
- Oil for deep frying
- Firstly, slice the karela (bitter gourd) into slightly thick slices. Sprinkle salt over them & let it rest half an hour. It will squeeze out the bitterness.
- Drain all of the excess water from the karela
- Now add corn flour, besan, rice flour, turmeric, chilli powder & mix well.
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep pan, on a medium flame. pour karela slices in hot oil & fry. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Stir them often while frying, keeping the flame on medium.
- Take out on a tissue paper & sprinkle chaat masala.