Basil and its strong anti-inflammatory properties can prove to be a cure to a variety of diseases and disorders. The anti-inflammatory properties of basil may help lower risk of heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel conditions.
Consumption of basil could also soothe fever, headache, sore throat, cold, cough, flu.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Bread slices OR Bun
- few garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter (Salted)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Salt, a pinch
- 2 Tbsp grated processed cheese
- In a mortar and pestle (à¤®à¤¸à¤¾à¤²à¤¾ à¤®à¥à¤¸à¤²) crush the garlic cloves. Add the basil leaves and a pinch of salt. Crush the leaves.
- Add 1/2 tsp olive oil in it and make a fine paste.
- In a small bowl, add the butter (melted) and mix the basil-garlic paste. Your basil butter paste is ready.
- Apply the basil butter paste on bread slices.
- Top it with grated cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or till the bread & cheese is golden brown at 200 degrees C.
- Serve hot with seasoning of your choice.