Salad & Sprouts
Peas are low-fat but high-everything-else. A cup of peas has less than 100 calories but lots of protein, fiber and micronutrients.
These come from peas strong anti-inflammatory properties. Excess inflammation has also been linked to heart disease, cancer, and ageing in general.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1/4 cup boiled and coarsely crushed green peas
- 1/2 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 3/4 tsp fruit salt (Eno)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai / sarson)
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except the fruit salt along with approx. Â¼ cup of water and mix very well using your hands.
- Just before you start steaming, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water and mix gently.
- Pour into a greased microwave safe dish with a lid and microwave on high for 3 minutes covered. Remove and let it stand for 2 minutes.
- Heat the oil and add mustard seeds in a pan & crackle it for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and asafoetida.
- Pour this tempering over the dhoklas and cut into square pieces.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander and grated coconut and serve with green chutney.