Grilled Mushroom Salad Recipe
Salad and Sprouts
Mushrooms are rich in Vitamin B that is vital for turning food (carbohydrates) into fuel (glucose), which the body burns to produce energy. They also help the body metabolize fats and protein. Mushrooms contain loads of vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and vitamin B3 (niacin).
Total Time (Minutes):
- Half cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 mushrooms, stalks trimmed
- 120 gm mixed salad leaves
- 1 small lettuce, leaves separated
- 150 gm cheese, crumbled
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- Combine oil and garlic in a bowl.
- Brush mushrooms with oil mixture.
- Preheat barbecue plate or griller tava on high heat. Barbecue mushrooms for 3 minutes each side or until just tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Arrange salad leaves and lettuce on a large platter. Top with mushrooms,cheese.
- Combine 1/2 cup lemon juice, walnuts, remaining 1/4 cup oil and salt and pepper in a screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over salad. Season with pepper and serve.