Chia Seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium. Omega-3 fatty acids help raise HDL cholesterol, the "good" cholesterol that protects against heart attack and stroke.
- 2 cups unsweetened milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 5 tablespoons / 25 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons (12 g) coconut flour
- ½ cup (80 g) white chia seeds
- Fruit and/or coconut whipped cream for serving (optional)
In the blender, place the milk, maple syrup/honey , cocoa powder, coconut flour, chia seeds and blend on high speed until smooth. The mixture will reduce in volume rather quickly, which means that the chia seeds have thickened the liquid.
Divide the mixture among serving containers with lids, cover and chill - if you like your pudding cold. The pudding will thicken a bit more as it chills, but it is thick and rich right after blending.
Top each pudding with optional toppings and serve.