Poha is considered the perfect breakfast food and has gained attraction not just across India, but also globally. It can be cooked along with a number of vegetables like peas, potato, coriander and even crunchy peanuts are added to it. This makes the dish more nutritious and filling. Bread poha is a variation of Poha, with slices of bread added to the masala.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 5 to 6 bread slices (cut in small square shape)
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 8 to 10- curry leaves
- 3 whole red chillies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp green chillies - finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Fresh coconut - grated (optional)
- Heat oil and add the Asafoetida, mustard, curry leaves and the whole red chillies.
- You can add little curd as well after third step.
- You can add chopped vegetables of your choice. Chopped Capsicum & Boiled Peas is an good option.
- Add some water and saute till mixed and heated through.
- Turn off the heat, and mix in the green chillies, lemon juice and half of the coriander.
- Ready to serve with coconut granishing.