Akk roti is made with rice flour, grated carrot, onion and indian spices. A soft dough is prepared by mixing rice flour with vegetables, spices and water, flattened into thin round shaped disc, and cooked on tawa until crisp and light brown.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- 1 cup rice flour
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 small onion -chopped
- Grated carrot
- 2 tbsps scraped fresh coconut
- 2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
- Boil 1 cup water in non-stick pan, add asafoetida, cumin seeds, salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add rice flour and mix till well combined. Transfer in a bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Add chopped onion in the same bowl.
- Add carrot, coconut, green chillies and knead the mixture into a soft dough. Drizzle oil and mix well.
- Take a little portion out of the dough & place it on plastic sheet and cover it with plastic. Gently press to shape the dough into a disc.
- Transfer the disc on the hot tawa and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, flip and apply ghee on both sides and cook till golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot.