Vegetable-based soups are a great option nutritionally as they combine a high nutrient density with a low energy density – this means that we get lots of key nutrients including vitamins and minerals for relatively few calories.
Naturally, homemade vegetables soups are the best option. This way you can control the type and amounts of vegetables that you use to make your soup as well as choosing to use salt-reduced stocks and few other additives.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Recipe Yield:
- For The Stock-
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped potatoes
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped onions
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped tomatoes
- Other Ingredients-
- 1/4 cup finely chopped - Chopped Cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped french beans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions and greens
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup boiled macaroni
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper (kalimirch)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Grated Cheese to garnish
- For the veg stock
- Combine all the vegetables and 4 cups of water in a deep pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 15 to 20 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Mash them well. Now strain using a strainer. Keep the stock aside.
- Now mix stock & other ingredients (french beans, carrot, green peas, spring onions, cabbage, spinach leaves). Mix well
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally
- Add boiled macaroni, dried oregano, pepper powder, lemon juice and salt, mix well.
- Cook on a medium flame for 2 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese.