Green Peas are one of the most nutritious leguminous vegetables rich in health promoting phytonutrients, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.Fresh, tender peas are relatively low in calories in comparison to beans, and cowpeas. 100 g of green peas carry just 81 calories and no cholesterol. Nonetheless, they are good sources of protein, vitamins, and soluble as well as insoluble fiber. Fresh pea pods are excellent sources of folic acid. 100 g provides 65 µg or 16% of recommended daily levels of folates.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1 cup Peas
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped Potato
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and black pepper (kalimirch)-To Taste
- Combine the green peas,onion,potatoes and 1 cup of hot water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add the milk, salt,black pepper and Â½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
- NOTE: You can add ginger too in this soup