Green Peas are one of the most nutritious leguminous vegetables rich in health promoting phytonutrients, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Fresh, tender peas are relatively low in calories, 100 g of green peas carry just 81 calories and no cholesterol. Nonetheless, they are good sources of protein, vitamins, and soluble as well as insoluble fiber. Fresh pea pods are excellent sources of folic acid. 100 g provides 65 µg or 16% of recommended daily levels of folates.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- Peas - 1 Cup
- Chopped Onion - 1 Tbsp
- Chopped Potato - One Fourth Cup
- Milk - One Fourth Cup
- Salt and black pepper -To Taste
- Mix green peas pods, onion, potatoes and 1 cup of water in a saucepan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the flame. Let mixture cool completely and blend in a mixer until smooth.
- Transfer this blended puree in a sauce pan. Add milk and half cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, stir in between.
- Add salt, black pepper & mix. Ready to enjoy.