You may regard sweet potatoes as too starchy, but their high fiber content makes them a slow burning starch—meaning they won’t spike blood sugar and insulin levels. One cup of sweet potato provides about 6 grams of fiber, which is more than a quarter of the daily recommended minimum.Sweet Potato Soup is a healthiest option in winter.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon khada masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cup sweet potato chopped into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2-3 cups stock enough to *barely* cover the veggies
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- While onion is cooking,combine all the spices in a small bowl (makes them easier to add!).
- Now add the ginger, garlic and spices to the pan and cook for a minute, until nice and fragrant.
- Add the sweet potato and veggies stock (just enough to cover the veggies).
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 or so minutes, until sweet potato is cooked through.
- Blend a smooth puree with hand blender.(be careful as its hot)
- Taste for spice and salt and add more as needed.