Beans are one of the healthiest foods in the world. They are nutrient-dense and fiber-rich.Adding beans with pasta can turn an incomplete protein into a complete one nutrient dense food. Beans contain several vital nutrients, including folate.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1/2 cup baked beans (canned)
- 1 medium onion , sliced
- 2 garlic (lehsun) cloves , sliced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup macaroni
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and to taste
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onion and garlic and saute till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the baked beans, tomatoes, macaroni, salt and 3 cups of hot water and bring to a boil.Simmer till the macaroni is cooked (aprrox. 10 to 15 minutes).It takes time macaroni to cook.
- Dissolve the cornflour in 1 1/2 tablespoons of water in another bowl and add to the soup.It gives thick consistency to soup.
- Add the oregano, cream, tomato ketchup, salt and freshly ground pepper and mix well.
- Serve hot.