Mughlai Paneer Gravy Recipe
Butterly, creamy, richness along with the various nuts, spices and fats, a sweetish white gravy Mughlai Paneer is a unique flavored royal dish.
Total Time (Minutes):
- for onion masala paste:
- 1 onion (cube)
- 3 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 pod cardamom
- 13 whole cashew
- 6 almond / badam (blanced)
- 2 tsp poppy seeds / khus khus
- 1 cup water
- for curry:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ inch cinnamon
- 3 pod cardamom
- ½ cup curd / yogurt (whisked)
- 2 tbsp cream / malai
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 chilli (slit)
- 20 cube paneer / cottage cheese
- 1 tsp kasuri methi (crushed)
- in a large kadai take 1 onion, 3 clove garlic, 1 inch ginger, 2 pod cardamom, 13 whole cashew, 6 almond and 2 tsp poppy seeds.
- add 1 cup water, cover and boil for 15 minutes.
- cool completely, and blend to smooth paste adding water as required. keep aside.
- in a large kadai, heat 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp oil.
- add 1 tsp cumin, 1 bay leaf, ½ inch cinnamon, 3 pod cardamom and saute until spices turn aromatic.
- now add prepared onion paste and stir well.
- cook on medium flame, until the raw flavour disappears and oil separates from sides.
- keeping the flame on low add ½ cup curd and stir continuously.
- cook until the oil separates from the sides.
- further, add 2 tbsp cream, 1 cup milk and stir adjusting consistency as required.
- also, add ¾ tsp salt, 2 chilli and mix well.
- now add 20 cube paneer and mix well.
- cover and simmer for 5 mintues or until the flavour absorb completely.
- now add 1 tsp kasuri methi and mix well. Ready to enjoy.