Pumpkin has a range of fantastic health benefits, including being one of the best-known sources of beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant. It also gives orange vegetables and fruits their vibrant color.The body converts any ingested beta-carotene into vitamin A.Consuming foods rich in beta-carotene may reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer, offer protection against asthma and heart disease, and delay aging and body degeneration.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 2 cup Red Pumpkin (kaddu) cubes
- 1/2 cup Potato cubes
- 1/2 cup Chopped spring onions
- 1 large sized clove of Ginger,chopped
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Dried mixed herbs
- 3 tbsp Butter or olive oil
- Salt and Black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- First melt butter in a pan and saute the spring onions and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the pumpkin and potato and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and 1 cup of hot water, mix well and simmer on a slow flame till the potatoes are cooked.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and then puree in the blender.(Don't blend hot mixture)
- Combine the pureed mixture with 2 cups of hot water in a pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot.