Pumpkin has a range of fantastic health benefits, including being one of the best-known sources of beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant. It also gives orange vegetables and fruits their vibrant color. The body converts any ingested beta-carotene into vitamin A.Consuming foods rich in beta-carotene may reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer, offer protection against asthma and heart disease, and delay aging and body degeneration.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Red Pumpkin (kaddu) cubes - 2 Cup
- Potato cubes - Half Cup
- Chopped spring onions - Half Cup
- Ginger,chopped - 1 Spoon
- Dried mixed herbs - Half Spoon
- Butter/Olive oil - 2 bsp
- Salt and black pepper powder to taste
- Cream - 3 tbsp
- First melt butter in a pan and saute spring onions, ginger and garlic for a minute.
- Add pumpkin and potato. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of hot water, mix well and cook on slow flame until the pumpkin & potatoes are cooked.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and then puree in the blender.(Don't blend hot mixture)
- Combine the pureed mixture with 2 to 3 cups of hot water in a pan. Adjust water according to the consistesy.
- Season with salt, pepper & dried mixed herbs. Bring it to a boil & cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame. Add Cream. Now do not cook. Cream will split.
- Ready to enjoy.