The vitamin C along with the phytochemicals present in onions helps build immunity.
Quercetin, a powerful compound found in onions, has been suggested to play a role in preventing cancer, especially stomach and colorectal cancers.Chromium, also present in this root vegetable, may help regulate blood sugar.
What is Roux:
Roux is flour and fat cooked together and used to thicken sauces. Roux is typically made from equal parts of flour and fat by weight. The flour is added to the melted fat or oil on the stove top, blended until smooth, and cooked to the desired level of brownness.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Flour - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Thinly Sliced Onions - 3
- Garlic - 4
- Vegetable Stock - 1 Ltr
- Bread Slices - 4-8
- Cheese Mozzarella - 140 gm
- Take flour and butter in a pan and heat it till it turns brown.
- Take oil in pan.
- Add onion and saute it till it gets brown.
- Add the garlic & saute.
- Keep stirring as you gradually add Vegetable Stock.
- Add salt and pepper to it and let it simmer.
- Add roux in the soup and mix well.
- Pour soup in the bowl ,place 2 bread slices and top it with Grated Mozzarella cheese.
- Heat it in oven at 200 degree C for 2-3 minutes until the cheese melts.