Mushroom is a great source of selenium. This healthy food can make your body produce more vitamin D especially when you are exposed to sunlight. Moreover, mushrooms contains no fat, no cholesterol, and no gluten. As it is low in calories, people often include mushrooms in a healthy diet for weight loss.
Pumpkin is rich in carotenoids, which can be converted to vitamin A, important for keeping your skin and eyes healthy.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1 cup chopped pumpkin, carrots, onions and garlic
- ½ inch ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 2 cup vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 6-8 button mushrooms + for garnishing
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 5-6 fresh chopped celery leaves
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- Heat a deep non-stick pan. Add vegetables and saute them for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger, slit green chillies, vegetable stock, salt and garam masala powder, stir and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- In another pan,Slice mushrooms & saute for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Use a hand blender to blend the vegetables into a smooth mixture. (After step 2)
- Put the sauteed mushrooms into individual serving cups. Pour the soup over it.
- sprinkle some celery leaves & crushed peppercorns on top.
- Serve hot.