Lentils are a great source of protein, fiber, B vitamins, iron and zinc. Masoor Daal Soup, packed with protein & nutrients is a wholesome comforting soup and is simple to prepare.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- Soaked Masoor Daal Whole - 2 Cup
- Oil - Half Tbsp
- Onion, chopped - 1 Medium
- Mix of chopped pumpkin, tomato, carrot - 1 Cup
- Salt & pepper- To taste
- Heat oil in a pressure cookera. Add onion, pumpkin, carrot, tomato, and garlic. Mix well and saute for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add soaked dal, salt and mix well. Add 3 cups water and mix well. Place the lid on and cook till 4-5 whistles are released.
- After whistle, let it cool little & blend the mixture using an electric hand blender till smooth. (Be careful, don't do blending in very hot mixture)
- Strain the soup into another pan,
- Check seasoning & add salt, spices & butter. Serve hot.