Butternut squash is beloved around the world, not only for its versatility as a food item.Also known for its health benefits, including the ability to protect the skin, promote eye health, reduce chronic disease, improve digestion, lower cholesterol, build strong bones, lower blood pressure, and so much more.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Oil 2 tsp
- Thai red curry paste 2 tbsp
- onion 1, finely chopped
- coriander leaves roughly chopped
- grated ginger
- garlic 1 clove, sliced
- red chilli 1, finely chopped
- butternut squash 750 gm, peeled and cut into 2 cm dice
- vegetable stock 1.5 litres, hot
- lime 1, juiced
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat and add the curry paste.
- Cook gently for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Add onion and a pinch of salt, then cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the coriander stalks, ginger, garlic and Â½ the chilli, then cook for 2 minutes.
- Tip in the butternut squash, stock and a little more seasoning, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until the squash is very tender.
- Add the lime juice, then use a hand blender to whizz until completely smooth.
- Divide between bowls, then top with the coriander leaves and remaining chopped chilli.