1. Prostate cancer is a common type of cancer in men. Laboratory studies suggest that pomegranate extract may slow cancer cell reproduction and even induce apoptosis, or cell death, in cancer cells.
2. Antioxidants present in pomegranate act as a ‘thinner for your blood’. The seeds of pomegranate prevent your blood platelets from forming clots and coagulating.
3. Pomegranate can reduce the damage of the cartilage by fighting the enzyme that does so. Pomegranate also has the ability to reduce inflammation.
4. Pomegranates have antioxidants that help calm the body and reduce inflammation.There are studies show that pomegranate may help prevent the production of the cartilage destroying enzymes that the body produces when suffering from arthritis.
5. Pomegranate seeds and pulp have antibacterial properties that help stop viruses and also helps the dental cavity stay free from germs.
6. Pomegranate juice is an exceptional source of vitamin A, C and E and minerals such as calcium, phosphorous, potassium, iron, folic acid, niacin, thiamin, folates and riboflavin.