Cake & Muffin
Most nuts contain large amounts of protein relative to their size, and pistachios are no exception. A 1-ounce serving of these nuts (approximately 49 pistachio kernels) contains 6 grams of protein.
Your body breaks this protein down into its constituent amino acids, which can be used to repair tissues or to create new molecules. Plus, eating protein-rich foods helps you feel satiated, reducing your cravings for unhealthy foods later on.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1 cup Pistachios (Unsalted)
- 3/4 cup dry Coconut Powder (flakes)
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Almond Butter or Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- First process the unshelled pistachios in a food processor into a coarse powder.
- Process the coconut flakes in a food processor into a fine flour.
- Transfer the coconut flour & Pistachio coarse powder into a large bowl and add the other ingredients - cocoa powder, almond butter, vanilla extract with honey being last.
- If the batter is too wet, add more coconut flour; if the batter is too dry, add maple syrup/honey a little extra.
- Mix well and roll with your hands into small round/square bites.
- Freeze the bites in the airtight container.
- You can coat the bar with coconut flakes or dry cocoa powder if desired.