Kebab & Cutlet
As the name implies, multi-grain are made of more than one grain. Multi-grain recipes are widely known as great sources of dietary fiber, as well as certain nutrients, vitamins and minerals, including significant levels of selenium, manganese and vitamin B.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (Even leftover rice can be used)
- 40 gm gram flour (Besan)
- 40 gm Powdered Oats
- Methi leaves, finely chopped
- 4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hing
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander, freshly chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated (You can always add vegetables of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the steamer by filling it with water and grease the steamer plates.
- Now mix up all the ingredients & mash well using a masher or with your hands. The mixture will look like a firm ball of dough.
- Divide this mixture into 18-20 equal portions and shape them into ovals.
- Place the portions of the dumplings 1-inch apart on the greased plates and steam on high heat for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow it to rest for 5 minutes with the steamer lid opened. (don't forget to open the steamer lid)
- Transfer the steamed portions onto a serving platter.
- Serve them with chutney of your choice.