Veg Korma Recipe
Korma, also called as Kurma is an aromatic gravy or sauce based dish that is popular in India as well as in Central Asia. Korma is a specialty from the Mughlai cuisine. It tastes equally good with malabar paratha and rice.
Total Time (Minutes):
- for masala paste:
- ¾ cup coconut (grated)
- 2 tbsp cashew
- 2 tbsp vegetable masala
- ½ cup water
- for curry:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp mustard
- few curry leaves
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tomato (chopped)
- 1 potato (chopped)
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- half capsicum (chopped)
- 5 beans (chopped)
- 2 tbsp peas
- 2 tbsp sweet corn
- half tsp salt
- 2 cup water
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- firstly, to prepare the masala paste, in a mixer jar take coconut, 2 tbsp cashew and vegetable masala.
- grind to smooth paste adding half cup water. keep aside.
- in a large kadai heat 2 tbsp oil, add cumin, mustard and few curry leaves. splutter the tempering.
- now add onion, ginger garlic paste and saute until golden brown.
- further, add tomato and saute until they turn soft and mushy.
- add potato, carrot, capsicum, beans, peas and sweet corn.
- also, add ½ tsp salt and saute for 2 minutes or until the vegetables are well combined.
- add in the prepared masala paste and cook for 2 minutes or until the raw flavour is gone.
- further, add 2 cup water and mix well adjusting the consistency.
- cover and boil for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked well.
- add 2 tbsp coriander and mix adjusting the consistency.
- finally, enjoy mix veg curry with roti or rice.