Rice Vada does not require to soak rice or urad daal over the night & grind in the morning. Rice Vada are easily made with rice flour, curd, salt & spices. You can enjoy them with any type of chutney or sambar. Rice Vada can be made with leftover rice too. With leftover rice, just mix boiled rice, salt & spices. Knead a dough and fry vadas.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Recipe Yield:
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Water - 1 Cup
- Curd - 1 cup
- Ginger & Green chilli paste
- Few chopped ginger
- Salt & Crushed Black Peppercorn- to taste
- Few Curry & Coriander leaves
- Oil For Frying
- In a big glass bow, mix all the ingredients ( 1 Cup Water, 1 Cup Curd, 1 Cup Rice Flour). Stir well so there is no lump.
- Add salt, pepper, chopped ginger, ginger chilli paste, coriander leaves & mix again.
- Now transfer this batter in a non stick pan & switch on the flame.
- Cook this batter on low flame & keep stirring regularly.
- Cook until it reaches the consistency of dough and stir it continuously too. It takes generally 4 to 6 minutes to get dough batter.
- Transfer this dough in a clean bowl & let it to cool so that you can make vadas.
- Apply some oil on your palms, lift a dough lump and roll it.
- Flatten it softly and make a hole in its center using you fingers. Prepare al the vadas this way & keep them ready in a plate.
- Heat oil in a pan & fry these vadas ( few vadas at once ) on slow to medium flame. Fry from both sides until they become golden brown.
- Ready to serve.