Chilla & Pancake
The health benefits of rice includes supplying energy, fighting inflammation, reducing cancer risk, supporting nervous system health, promoting heart heart, preventing constipation, controlling blood sugar levels, supporting immune system health, a great source of selenium and a natural diuretic.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 1.5 Cup Soaked Rice
- Cumin seed powder (jeera powder) - ½ tea spoon
- Black pepper powder (Kali mirch powder) - ½ tea spoon
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal mirch powder) - ½ tea spoon
- Few Curry Leaves & Green chillies
- Salt to taste
- Refined oil
- Water required to make the rice batter of thin consistency, but not watery
- Grind the soaked rice into a fine paste. OR you can use the readymade rice flour.
- Transfer the paste to a big mixing bowl and add water to the paste to form a batter of thin flowy consistency (Remember; batter should be flowy but not watery).
- To this batter add Salt, cumin seeds powder, black pepper powder and red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Add chopped green chilli, curry leaves and finely chopped tomato OR Any other vegetable of your choice.
- Heat a non-stick pan or tawa, and grease it with refine oil.
- Pour one small round ladle full batter onto the heated pan and spread it uniformly in round shape or shape of your choice with the back side of the round ladle. Let it cook over high flame till the moisture evaporates.
- Pour some oil on the sides and flip the chilla using the flat ladle.
- Pour some oil on the side and cook till it turns brown and crispy.Cook it on medium flame only.
- Now, serve it with chutney or tomato ketchup or sambar.