Ragi Uttapam Recipe
Ragi has a higher rate of fiber compared to any other grain or rice. The high amount of dietary fiber combines with water and keeps the stomach fuller for a longer period of time. The key amino acids Lecithin and Methionine present in the ragi helps in lowering cholesterol by extracting and cutting out excess fat from the liver.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Ragi Flour - Half Cup
- Rava/Semolina - 2 Spoon
- Grated/Chopped Vegetables
- Curd - Half Cup
- Tempering of Curry leaves, Mustard Seeds
- Baking Soda/Eno Salt - Half Spoon
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Mix Ragi Flour, Semolina, Tempered Curry leaves & Mustard Seeds, Salt & Black Pepper in a bowl.
- Now add curd & mix well. Adding water in the mixture,make a smooth batter. Let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- If its thick, add more water to maintain the smoothness of the batter.
- Add eno salt in the batter & mix lightly ( Do not overmix)
- Grease a non stick hot pan with oil. Spread uttapam on pan/tava. (Keep it little thick)
- Now spread grated/chopped vegetables all over it & when looks slightly settled/cooked, press the vegetables with the help of spatula.
- Pour oil around uttapam. Cover it with lid & keep the flame medium. Cook from both the sides.