Ragi Uttapam Recipe
Ragi has a higher rate of fiber compared to any other grain or rice. The high amount of dietary fiber combines with water and keeps the stomach fuller for a longer period of time. The key amino acids Lecithin and Methionine present in the ragi helps in lowering cholesterol by extracting and cutting out excess fat from the liver.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Ragi Flour - Half Cup
- Rava/Semolina - 2 Spoon
- Grated/Chopped Vegetables
- Curd - Half Cup
- Tempering of Curry leaves, Mustard Seeds
- Baking Soda/Eno Salt - Half Spoon
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Mix Ragi Flour, Semolina, Tempered Curry leaves & Mustard Seeds, Salt & Black Pepper in a bowl.
- Now add curd & mix well. Adding water in the mixture,make a smooth batter. Let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- If its thick, add more water to maintain the smoothness of the batter.
- Add eno salt in the batter & mix lightly ( Do not overmix)
- Grease a non stick hot pan with oil. Spread uttapam on pan/tava. (Keep it little thick)
- Now spread grated/chopped vegetables all over it & when looks slightly settled/cooked, press the vegetables with the help of spatula.
- Pour oil around uttapam. Cover it with lid & keep the flame medium. Cook from both the sides.