Moong Methi Sabzi Recipe
Moong Methi Sabzi is a powerful source of vegetarian protein. It is rich in Vitamin A, B, C and E and also in many minerals including iron, calcium, and potassium. Both moong daal and methi leaves are low in fat and high in fibre. A 1-cup serving of cooked moong dal has less than 1 gram of total fat, over 14 grams of protein and 15.4 grams of dietary fibre. A 1-cup serving contains 212 calories.
Total Time (Minutes):
- Moong Dal (Split) , soaked for 3 hours - Half Cup
- Finely Chopped Methi Leaves - 2 Cup
- Chopped Tomatoes - 1
- Half Cup Water
- Cumin seeds
- Grated Ginger
- Garam Masala
- Chili Powder
- Coriander Powder
- Few Sprig of coriander leaves
- Heat ghee in a kadhai. Add cumin seeds, hing and allow it to crackle.
- Add grated ginger,chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add all salt and spices one by one. Saute well.
- Add soaked moong dal and saute well for a minute.
- Add half cup of water. Stir well.
- Cover it wth lid and let it cook for 8 minutes or until the dal is cooked well and the water is dried up
- Add methi and saute on medium heat. Enjoy it with hot phulka.