Iron deficiency is one of the most common nutrient deficiencies in developed countries and a leading cause of anemia. Pairing foods that are high in vitamin C with foods that are iron-rich maximizes the body's ability to absorb iron. Mostly find it difficult to include lemon in food.
Eating lemon rice is a good way to maximize the intake of iron as well as vitamin C.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Rice Mixture - Take boiled rice in a bowl. Add salt & lemon in rice & mix well. Keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add curry leaves, mustard seeds & let it crackle. Add turmeric powder & mix.
- Add rice mixture in the same pan & mix all things well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot.
- NOTE: Boiling rice in the morning is time consuming. You can make this with last day's leftover rice.
- In winter, you can add peanuts too.