Ragi Date and Pistachio Muffin (Winter Treat)
Cake and Muffin
Ragi or finger millet is one of the most nutritious and healthy cereals. The high protein content makes finger millet a very important factor in preventing malnutrition. The cereal can be an especially good source of protein for vegetarians because of its methionine content that constitutes about 5% of the protein.
Total Time (Minutes):
- 1/4 Cup Ghee or white butter
- 1 1/4 sugar
- 1 1/2 Ragi flour
- 3/4 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp Corn starch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Cardamom (ground)
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Dates (Unseeded)
- 1 Cup Pistachio (Unsalted)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Take your muffin tray and grease it with butter.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl, which will give a cream-like texture. You have to mix this mixture well to get creamy texture.
- Add ragi flour, whole wheat flour, corn starch, ground cardamom, baking powder and baking soda to the mixture.
- Now, add the buttermilk and water to the batter and mix it well until all the ingredients are blended properly.
- Add chopped dates (Unseeded) and pistachios to the batter.
- Spoon them into the muffin tray and bake for 25-30 minutes.