Broccoli Mushroom Omelete Recipe
Mushrooms, broccoli, eggs are not only a good source of protein, they are full of good stuff that will keep you healthy for longer. A serve (100 g) of mushrooms provides more than 20 percent of the recommended daily intake (RDI) for each of the B vitamins (riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid), biotin and the minerals selenium and copper.
- Total Time (Minutes):
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 small handful broccoli
- 1 small handful sliced mushrooms
- About 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Butter for frying
- Steam the broccoli until tender. Set aside.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt about 1 Tablespoon of butter, add the mushrooms and garlic. Saute - stirring occasionally - until mushrooms are browned.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and salt and pepper. Transfer garlic and mushrooms to a small plate. Set aside.
- Serve and enjoy.
- When the top is nearly set, sprinkle grated cheese down the middle. Top that with the broccoli and garlic-infused mushrooms.
- Fold the omelette and let it cook 1 to 2 more minutes or until cheese is fully melted.