Carrot Idli Recipe
Carrots are a good source of several vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin A (from beta-carotene), biotin, vitamin K (phylloquinone), potassium and vitamin B6.
Carrots are available all year round and can be used in savory dishes, cakes, and juices. Idli is one of the best option to add them in your meal.This helps boost the immune system and prevent disease. Vitamin C can help reduce the severity of a cold, and the length of time it lasts.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Rava Idli Batter - 2 Cup
- Grated Carrot - Half cup
- Mustard seeds & curry leaves
- Salt & spices - to taste
- Carrot Mixture - Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, grated carrot, salt & spices. Saute gently for a min.
- Heat water in an idli cooker. Grease the Idli plate with oil.
- Pour idli batter on the idli plates & place sauteed carrot mixture in the center of idli.
- Cover lid & steam it for 10 min. Cut off heat, Serve hot with coconut chutney.