Chips & Nachos
The fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and phytonutrient content in eggplants all support heart health.
Eggplants have a good amount of water content. This helps to keep your body and skin well hydrated. The minerals and vitamins also impart a clear and smooth tone. Include this wonderful vegetable in your diet, and make your skin soft and glowing.
- Recipe Cuisine:
- Total Time (Minutes):
- Brinjal(Eggplant) 1 large
- Poppy Seeds 2 tablespoons
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Oil 4-5 tablespoons
- Poppy seeds (khuskhus) for coating
- Cut brinjal into thick round slices and place them in a bowl.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice and mix well so that the masala coats all the slices.
- Set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Spread poppy seeds on a plate. Coat each marinated brinjal slice with poppy seeds and place them in the pan. Cover and cook on medium heat, flipping sides till evenly golden.
- Transfer onto a serving plate and serve hot.